eDiscovery Early Case Assessment – ECA
Advanced LegalTech Reveals What’s Hiding in the Data
Early Case Assessment, Visual Searching, and Active Learning
The Ascent eDiscovery platform integrates Ipro’s “discovery ][ Enterprise” applications suite giving you access to one of the legal industry’s most advanced document review technologies within a secure, collaborative environment, including “Visual Searching”, Early Case Assessment (ECA), and Active Learning (AL).
Ascent eDiscovery project managers work with you to use these technologies to combine document metadata, concepts, timelines, and other search criteria to quickly, easily, and accurately identify and assess ESI that strengthens and/or weakens a legal position.
Whether used individually or in combination with each other – Visual Searching, ECA, and AL provide the kind of deep insight into document sets and communication patterns that are needed to minimize the review burden, prioritize the review order, and focus on relevant content.
ECA effectively reduces the review burden by focusing on the most relevant content. doeLEGAL provides expert support for all ECA operations, including:
- Creating, configuring, and populating ECA databases
- Developing ECA queries, prioritizing of review orders
- Promoting relevant documents to review databases
- AL to reduce and prioritize review order
More About Active Learning
Active Learning goes well beyond previous versions of TAR to elevate review accuracy and maximize review efficiency by continuously analyzing the documents within a review set to identify those that are relevant, assess the degree of relevance, and assign a relevancy score. This ongoing “live” analysis of the document set automatically reorders the review set based on relevancy scores to ensure that documents with the most relevancy are given the highest review priority.
Early Case Assessment Capabilities
- ID data range peaks & valleys
- Inspect to view relevant data
- Data entry targets time frames
- View gaps in data collection
- Target most active time periods
- View values data contains
- Read common email subjects
- ID domains with most communication
- Report on all law firms involved
- View search results graphically
- ID emails sent to & from domains
- Exclude irrelevant or privileged domains
- See emails between addresses
- Full reports show data visualization
- Summary reports of types & extensions
- Exclusion reports ID filtered & excluded docs
Clustering & Concept Wheel
- View key concepts within case data
- Searches data at granular level
- Exclude data based on concepts
- Concept searches on excluded data
- Run searches for quality control
Discover how doeLEGAL, A Questel LegalTech Solutions company can help you reduce costs, improve efficiency, and optimize the business of law.
Download the Ascent eDiscovery capabilities sheet to learn more about the unique benefits law firms find by working with the industry’s leading-edge technology supported by knowledgeable litigation experts.
Ascent eDiscovery Capabilities
Ascent eDiscovery gives you the ability to significantly lessen the review burden which reduces your litigation cost.
Let doeLEGAL manage the advanced eDiscovery tools, so your time can be spent building a stronger case.
EDD Processing & Culling
Remove excess document bulk with de-duping and smart processing capabilities.
Early Case Assessment
Advanced analytics and search technology ensure minimal review burdens.
Reduce the most costly litigation expense using cloud-based review and TAR tools.
Experts use best practices to guide Production and ensure Quality Control.
The real challenge was the particularly large volume of data and the tight time deadline. However, once we were given the final search terms, the total time from initial ingestion to first production was less than five weeks, thanks to the significant de-duping and culling rate we were able to achieve with IPRO Eclipse.
John Hagan, Manager, EDD Services at